When Mr. Eazi was 19 and in university, he asked his uncle, who was a doctor, and his uncle's wife to give him ₦19 million (about £40,000) to start a business. His idea was to sell diesel to MTN, one of Nigeria's biggest phone companies. He was very sure it would work. "MTN is going to pay us," he told them. "I'm a salesman. I can sell anything." But three months later, the government changed the fuel price rules. The diesel they bought became worth much less. The business failed, and the whole ₦19 million was gone. It was also his uncle's life savings. His uncle kept asking him to pay the money back. After some time, he went to Mr. Eazi's parents. Mr. Eazi's father had to pay the debt. Mr. Eazi said he was angry and embarrassed. He later told his uncle and his wife: "You made a mistake. You missed a big chance because I'm going to do great things, and you won't be part of my story." Years later, he became successful. He built emPawa Africa, Zagadat Capital, and other businesses worth millions. #1official
When Mr. Eazi was 19 and in university, he asked his uncle, who was a doctor, and his uncle's wife to give him ₦19 million (about £40,000) to start a business.
His idea was to sell diesel to MTN, one of Nigeria's biggest phone companies. He was very sure it would work.
"MTN is going to pay us," he told them. "I'm a salesman. I can sell anything."
But three months later, the government changed the fuel price rules. The diesel they bought became worth much less. The business failed, and the whole ₦19 million was gone. It was also his uncle's life savings.
His uncle kept asking him to pay the money back. After some time, he went to Mr. Eazi's parents. Mr. Eazi's father had to pay the debt.
Mr. Eazi said he was angry and embarrassed. He later told his uncle and his wife:
"You made a mistake. You missed a big chance because I'm going to do great things, and you won't be part of my story."
Years later, he became successful. He built emPawa Africa, Zagadat Capital, and other businesses worth millions.
#1official

Comments
Post a Comment