Cristiano Ronaldo stopped Rafael and Fabio da Silva from joining Arsenal over Manchester United with one phone call 📱 The Brazilian brothers were undecided on where to move in England until Ronaldo hopped on the phone at Sir Alex Ferguson's request 👀 🗣️ Rafael said: "My phone had all the zeros [on the screen, to indicate an international call] and I was saying 'Who is this? I've never received a call like this.' I answered, and I knew him because I'd trained with him before. "He just said: 'Ah, [Portuguese greeting]!’ I ran to my bus, saying: 'It's Ronaldo, it's Ronaldo! He's calling us to speak!' "He just said: 'It's raining here, it's raining here in Manchester, like you know.' He said: 'I call to say to you guys: sign for Manchester United. I know you are going to like it,' et cetera. "I could not believe [it]. It was amazing." The rest is history. Both brothers won the Premier League with United, establishing themselves as cult heroes. Never doubt the pull of Agent Ronaldo! 👏
Cristiano Ronaldo stopped Rafael and Fabio da Silva from joining Arsenal over Manchester United with one phone call 📱
The Brazilian brothers were undecided on where to move in England until Ronaldo hopped on the phone at Sir Alex Ferguson's request 👀
🗣️ Rafael said: "My phone had all the zeros [on the screen, to indicate an international call] and I was saying 'Who is this? I've never received a call like this.' I answered, and I knew him because I'd trained with him before.
"He just said: 'Ah, [Portuguese greeting]!’ I ran to my bus, saying: 'It's Ronaldo, it's Ronaldo! He's calling us to speak!'
"He just said: 'It's raining here, it's raining here in Manchester, like you know.' He said: 'I call to say to you guys: sign for Manchester United. I know you are going to like it,' et cetera.
"I could not believe [it]. It was amazing."
The rest is history. Both brothers won the Premier League with United, establishing themselves as cult heroes. Never doubt the pull of Agent Ronaldo! 👏

Comments
Post a Comment