Davido shares how he connected his father with the World Bank president during the World Cup. During an interview, the singer shared that his father had been trying to get in touch with the World Bank president because of a business deal. According to Davido, he eventually met the World Bank president at a hotel during the World Cup, where the official recognised him after watching his performance. He recalled: "My dad, he's been trying to, because he has a lot of friends in high places, he's been trying to look for the president of, like, the World Bank or something. Funny, he's been trying to get to the guy. The guy is at the World Cup, sees me in the hotel. This is one of the most defining moments of my life. He sees me in the hotel and says, 'Oh Davido, I enjoyed your performance. I'm the president of the World Bank.' I said, 'Oh, hold on. Hello, Daddy. I have the president of the World Bank.' 'Oh, give him the phone.' gave him the phone and connected, the deal. That was beautiful to see." Photo credit: Davido/Instagram, Julien de rosa/GettyImages
Davido shares how he connected his father with the World Bank president during the World Cup.
During an interview, the singer shared that his father had been trying to get in touch with the World Bank president because of a business deal. According to Davido, he eventually met the World Bank president at a hotel during the World Cup, where the official recognised him after watching his performance.
He recalled:
"My dad, he's been trying to, because he has a lot of friends in high places, he's been trying to look for the president of, like, the World Bank or something. Funny, he's been trying to get to the guy. The guy is at the World Cup, sees me in the hotel. This is one of the most defining moments of my life. He sees me in the hotel and says, 'Oh Davido, I enjoyed your performance. I'm the president of the World Bank.'
I said, 'Oh, hold on. Hello, Daddy. I have the president of the World Bank.' 'Oh, give him the phone.' gave him the phone and connected, the deal. That was beautiful to see."
Photo credit: Davido/Instagram, Julien de rosa/GettyImages

Comments
Post a Comment