Under Japan's Imperial House Law, a woman who marries outside the imperial family loses her royal status permanently. There is no route back. The Emperor's niece married her university boyfriend on 26 October 2021. Both were 30. There was no wedding ceremony. They registered the marriage at a local government office and skipped the imperial rites entirely. She also declined the customary payment the state makes to women leaving the family, roughly $1.3 million. On 14 November she left Japan. The marriage had taken years of tabloid hostility, centered on a financial dispute of about $35,000 involving her husband's mother. Her statement on the coverage was measured and did not soften. "I felt fearful, pained and sad that incorrect information was taken as truth," she said, "and that these baseless stories spread." And on the man she gave it up for: "He is someone I cannot do without. Marriage is that decision needed for us to live on, staying true to our hearts." Kei Komuro, for his part, said it in one sentence. "I love Mako. I want to live the only life I have with the person I love." #Japan #Royalty #Unbelievable
Under Japan's Imperial House Law, a woman who marries outside the imperial family loses her royal status permanently. There is no route back.
The Emperor's niece married her university boyfriend on 26 October 2021. Both were 30.
There was no wedding ceremony. They registered the marriage at a local government office and skipped the imperial rites entirely.
She also declined the customary payment the state makes to women leaving the family, roughly $1.3 million.
On 14 November she left Japan.
The marriage had taken years of tabloid hostility, centered on a financial dispute of about $35,000 involving her husband's mother.
Her statement on the coverage was measured and did not soften.
"I felt fearful, pained and sad that incorrect information was taken as truth," she said, "and that these baseless stories spread."
And on the man she gave it up for:
"He is someone I cannot do without. Marriage is that decision needed for us to live on, staying true to our hearts."
Kei Komuro, for his part, said it in one sentence.
"I love Mako. I want to live the only life I have with the person I love."
#Japan #Royalty #Unbelievable

Comments
Post a Comment