Wayne Rooney has given an insight into the extreme lengths he went to for Man United, often playing through the pain barrier. The club legend, now 40, was known for his mental and physical toughness and has lifted the lid on how Sir Alex Ferguson expected him to take pain-killing injections to play through nasty injuries. Speaking on the Stick to United podcast, Rooney explained: 'I remember playing against Bayern Munich (2010) where I turned up on crutches in my car, the team had come on the bus. 'I went into the dressing room to wish the players good luck and ended up starting the game.' Co-host Mark Goldbridge then asked how that extraordinary turn of events came to pass. Rooney added: 'Because Fergie asked me to inject it to play. I injected it, I had to come off at half time. Took my boot off at half time and my ankle had gone up like that.' Read more: https://trib.al/X3SmqLw
Wayne Rooney has given an insight into the extreme lengths he went to for Man United, often playing through the pain barrier.
The club legend, now 40, was known for his mental and physical toughness and has lifted the lid on how Sir Alex Ferguson expected him to take pain-killing injections to play through nasty injuries.
Speaking on the Stick to United podcast, Rooney explained: 'I remember playing against Bayern Munich (2010) where I turned up on crutches in my car, the team had come on the bus.
'I went into the dressing room to wish the players good luck and ended up starting the game.' Co-host Mark Goldbridge then asked how that extraordinary turn of events came to pass.
Rooney added: 'Because Fergie asked me to inject it to play. I injected it, I had to come off at half time. Took my boot off at half time and my ankle had gone up like that.'
Read more: https://trib.al/X3SmqLw



Comments
Post a Comment