Wednesday 30 December 2015

Frozen Foods Sellers In Asaba Record High Patronage

South African Chicken Trade
Some of the frozen food sellers told NAN on Wednesday in Asaba that patronage was very high compared to sales last year.
They said that they had never recorded such patronage in the last three years as customers started trooping in to buy frozen chicken and turkey as early as Dec. 23.
Mrs Linda Azubuike, a frozen food seller at the Asaba Modern market, said: “Sales have been very encouraging this year and I did not expect the quantity of sales I got this year despite the influx of live chicken in the market.
“Customers starting coming since Dec. 23, and up till now they are still coming and each day I make bold to say that I sell as much as 20 cartons of chicken and turkey.
“This has never happened in the last three years and I am very happy that patronage increased this year.’’
Azubuike appealed to the government to reconsider its stand on the ban on the importation of frozen foods, adding that most Nigerians depend on them for survival.
Another frozen food dealer, Mr Bright Kelechi, said that patronage was high this year and described the business as a very lucrative one.
“I smile home on a daily basis and this shows that people will always eat even if they cannot afford clothes for the season,’’ he said.
NAN report that in spite of the increase in patronage in the yuletide, the price of frozen foods such as chicken, turkey had remained stable as a carton of chicken still sells for N9,000, while a kilogramme of chicken still goes for N900.
The carton of turkey still sells for N10, 000, while a kilogramme of the commodity still sells for N1, 000.
NAN also reports that live chicken sellers also recorded increase in sales, following the yuletide as some persons still believe in live chicken and turkey for the festive season.
Mrs. Gina Chuka, a civil servant said: “Though I eat frozen chicken, but for the season, I prefer buying live chicken, especially for my kids.’’
NAN reports that the price of live chicken varies from N1, 200 to N4000, depending on the size. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I was not married, I would have toasted you tonight - Married man captured expressing his attraction to a single lady

If I was not married, I would have toasted you tonight - Married man captured expressing his attraction to a single lady A video of a ma...